MEETING MINUTES FROM TSKG COVID-19 TASK FORCE VIRTUAL MEETUP ON APR 26 2020
(1) Ragu proposed Canadian Red Cross Mapping which he is currently doing through his company and volunteers can help remotely from home. Just need a computer and wifi. Basically the goal is to help red cross map all remote areas on map so they can provide disaster support during emergencies (like covid and others). We got a note that it has helped them be effective in addressing covid outbreaks but since many areas aren’t fully mapped, they are looking for more help. It’s fully virtual to support this. Ragu to share detail.
(2) Ragu proposed Sending appreciation to front liners. We can do some sort of appreciation for frontline workers like sending thank you cards or an appreciation event (find some hospitals or communities with doctors and do a car parade with flyers etc saying thank you, to show gratitude) Some words/actions of encouragement or support etc. This can be done on weekends or in spare time.
(3) Four Volunteers signed up for Kids e-chat a couple of days in a week. (Guru, Swetha, Sathish D, Gayathri). Tentatively 2PM to 3PM on Monday and Wednesday starting May 1st week.
(4) Gaja proposed GTA got talent for kids, grown ups and elderly which she can coordinate.
(5) Arun provided an update on engaging elderly through the Brain gym program. It seems the program received positive feedback.
(6). Srinivasan proposed the Charity / Donation drive. The donations from TSKG members shall be used to contribute to the community that we are part of, Hospitals, Food banks, Worship places, Schools etc.
(i) Hospitals provide following ways for us to support COVID cause
a. Online donations
Trillium –> https://trilliumgiving.ca/covid19/
b. Donate PPE
c. Leave message of support for Health Workers (This is something all of us should do)
d. Donate Prepackaged Food for Health care workers (https://oslerfoundation.akaraisin.com/ui/covidfood/volunteer/start/)
(ii) Food banks/Worship places accept donations as well. Depending on how much we can collect will explore these options
(7) Satish proposed the idea that given the new normal, parenting in a pandemic is an app could help. It will focus on Online education, Mental health as two key priorities and to address immediate needs. Rest of the streams such as Social evenings, Community outreach etc. For funds, we can seek help for mobile app Dev, marketing etc. Deadline for application is May 1st.
(8) Satish to create TSKG non-profit bank account and share the details for us to donate the money. The plan is to create a very transparent system to collect and donate the contributions to our directly impacting communities.
(1) Our next meeting will be scheduled this Sunday, May 3 (between 2-3 pm). We will discuss ideas presented as of date.
(2) Save the day for May 10th! TKSG Mother’s Day ‘Virtual Hug and Share Love’ event
(3) Review Board of directors proposed names.