We hope you and your family are staying healthy and safe!
As discussed during the call earlier this week, please find updates (noted as bullet points) on the below agenda items (#1 – #5):
1. Social Distancing Awareness: Bring awareness on COVID-19 among Community. Importance of “Social Distancing” which is Key. Schedule a daily 15 min call to share any ideas (Hotline).
- We are exploring posting the updates on TSKG website.
- Broadcasting on WhatsApp individually.
- Already shared importance of social distancing on WhatsApp/Telegram groups.
2. COVID-19 Awareness to kids: Engage kids online using zoom conferencing or other platforms and bring awareness to COVID and ask them to speak about COVID. This may build soft skills (leadership, problem solving) and help being connected in spite of social-distancing.
- Daily e-chat for kids will be engaged for an hour between 5- 6 pm on Zoom video conferencing.
- Volunteers to be identified – one or two parent(s) per day to facilitate the call and mentor kids in developing their soft skills.
3. Online Shopping / Pickup option: Assist with Online shopping and pickup option for day-to-day necessities like groceries, medicines etc.
- It appears everyone is familiar on this topic. Feel free to explore these sites:
- https://www.pcexpress.ca/ (several pick-up options available)
- https://www.walmart.ca/en/grocery/N-117 Delivery: $10
- https://www.singals.ca/ (Indian Food)
- https://www.cartly.ca/ (Indian Food)
- https://groceryzone.ca/ (South Indian Options)
4. Engaging Older Generation: Ensure older generation and anybody with preexisting conditions like respiratory, heart problems, diabetes etc to stay home as much as possible.
- Same as #1 and information will be posted.
- In addition, daily e-chat for parents Zoom video conferencing can be explored.
- if you have elderly and would like to participate.
5. Community Kids Education: How to educate (a) remote places within Canada (b) underdeveloped countries in Africa etc which might create havoc and cause more pronounced damage far more worse than what we have seen so far in Urban cities or developed countries.
- Yet to be explored
We are working with Mayor’s office and local organizations. Based on the Mayor’s request, we extending our offerings for free to help the community at large. BELOW ARE FEW OF COMMUNITY GIVING BACK PROGRAM. IF YOU HAVE ANY OFFERING, PLEASE REACH OUT TO US – INFO@TSKG.CA
If there are people wanting to volunteer, we encourage you to reach out to The Mississauga Food Bank, as they are in a time of great need looking for people and donations.
Please find details about online classes offered here.
 Online ART and Dance Classes – Contact Karthik (416-526-5151)
Please find this week’s schedule and meeting details below.
March 23 , 5 to 6 pm Art , 6:30 to 7:00 pm Dance – Completed
March 24, 11:30 am to 12:15 pm ART – Completed
March 25, 5:30 pm to 6:15 pm Kids Dance; March 25, 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm Adults Fitness – Completed
March 26, 11:30 to 12:15 pm ART – Completed
March 27, 5:30 pm to 6:15 pm Kids Dance; March 27, 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm Adults Fitness – Completed
March 28, 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm Kids Showcase Interactive Session! – Completed
 Online Coding & STEM Classes – Contact: 647-799-3858
Offering introduction coding classes (free hour of code) – One session free per kid
Weekly Tuesday and Thursday 3 PM – 4 PM – Completed
 Online Dance Classes – Contact Gaja (647-947-4621)/ Pavi (647-981-4515)
Saturday and Sunday classes